Here are some topics we will cover:
- Unmasking Ourselves: Is Coming Out Just For Our Children?
- How Does Having An LGBT Child Impact Your Family?
- When Your Child Is No Longer Frum, Interfaith Dating and Other Challenges
- What A Difference A Year Makes: Small Changes That Have Made Big Differences, A Panel Discussion
- Smashing The Glass: What If Your Child Wants To Have A Same Sex Wedding?
- Raising An LGBT Teen
- Trans Children: What Does It Mean When My Boy Wants To Become A Girl (Or Vice Versa)?
- How To Create A Community For My Family And Child
When: March 7th – March 9th, 2014
Where: Capital Retreat Center, Waynesboro, PA
Sign up by February 21st, 2014 to get an early bird discount!
Nesiyah Lodge at Capital Retreat Center
What the program is about?
Learning, support and discovery; sessions that address having an LGBT family member in the Orthodox world.
Are you wondering if this is for you?
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Tell your parents and family…Ask your LGBT friends to invite their parents and families…Share this information with rabbis, teachers, and therapists who might know of interested parents and families.
ESHEL: WHO WE ARE
We create COMMUNITY for Orthodox LGBT Jews who wish to maintain their Jewish observance and find meaningful religious community.
We help traditional communities become more WELCOMING by addressing the needs of their LGBT members and families while maintaining their commitments to Halacha.
We keep families and communities together by providing resources and A GATHERING PLACE.
To learn more about Eshel and what we do, sign up for our monthly newsletter if you are an LGBT person, a parent, family member or ally, or a community leader. Welcome!
*Eshel takes its name from the אשׁל אברהם, Eshel Avraham, the tamarisk tree under which the Biblical Abraham and Sarah welcomed wayfarers seeking respite.
Eshel is made possible through the generous support of:
The BIL Foundation