Eshel’s mission is to create a future for Orthodox lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals, and their families. Through its innovative and culturally sensitive programming, Eshel supports LGBTQ Jews, opening hearts, minds, and doors in traditional Jewish communities.
Eshel has created a community of Orthodox and formerly Orthodox LGBTQ individuals who are united around this mission and gather with Eshel for support and to celebrate Jewish holidays, values and tradition, and each other.
To continue to strengthen this rich and loving community, Eshel is proud to launch Soon By Q, an innovative queer dating and friending initiative to connect members of our community. Soon By Q is in need of a program coordinator to take the lead on organizing and facilitating social events that will create meaningful connections.
Social Programs Coordinator. This position reports directly to the Executive Director, Miryam Kabakov.
Temporarily remote, applicants will need to be able to commute to NYC periodically.
Must be able to communicate during ET working hours.
The Program Coordinator role includes contributing ideas for social events, organizing the logistics and marketing of the events, facilitating the events, and following up with participants afterward. The Program Coordinator will be supported by the Eshel professional team at every level of planning and execution but is expected to be the point person for Soon By Q events, Eshel’s friending/dating initiative, as well as other programs to promote community. This person will work with the Orthodox LGBTQ community dating, socializing, and community building.
- Working with the Eshel team to outline engaging social events
- Content writing for event marketing and participation in planning and executing the event marketing strategy
- Event planning and organization including content, scheduling, and budgeting
- Event facilitation
- Event evaluation
- Communication with event participants
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Works well in teams
- Able to learn new online platforms
- Ability to forge creative partnerships with other organizations and online groups
- Deep understanding of Jewish culture and particularly of Orthodox culture and religious practices, including LGBTQ Orthodox communities
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience facilitating social events
- Experience with event and/or community organizing
- Proficiency in Zoom technology
- Proficiency in other virtual collaborative tools
- Proficiency in Social Media outreach
- LGBTQ community members encouraged to apply
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We are an equal opportunity employer. All individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws.
This position is being offered at $20/per hour with an expected number of hours ranging from 5-10 hours a week.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, to Miryam Kabakov at email@example.com with the subject: Social Programs Coordinator.