Position Open: Director of Marketing and Communications
- Location: Work remotely
- Salary: $65,000/year, negotiable commensurate with experience
- Available immediately
- Apply by sending a cover letter and resume here
Director of Marketing and Communications
Eshel is seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications to oversee and implement a communications strategy under the supervision of the Executive Director and in consultation with other key staff members. The right candidate will be a dedicated self-starter, creative, and able to take charge of overseeing a range of successful communication methods.
The Director will be responsible for developing and implementing Eshel’s communications plan and will guide the strategy for all communications, website, public relations messages and collateral materials to consistently and effectively represent Eshel and articulate Eshel’s mission and impact across all platforms and for all constituencies. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director will work in collaboration with other members of the staff and will receive assistance from the support staff. The Director will also work closely with the development team using data analysis and will guide the staff in using the CRM and other databases to inform fundraising campaigns and goals. The Director will be the primary administrator of Eshel’s databases.
Eshel is at an exciting communications turning point. Eshel is undergoing a brand identity and communications re-design via the roll-out of a new website and logo. Along with the third-party vendor Eshel is working with, the ideal candidate will play a decisive and key role in the process, provide meaningful contributions about content, and help steer marketing decisions.
- Manage overall messaging, strategic communications, and marketing for the organization with metrics and benchmarks for success
- Develop and execute compelling and data-driven communications strategies across platforms including but not limited to social media, marketing email, website, and other public-facing content to engage existing and new audiences and lead to measurable action in the form of new donors, applicants, and community programming participants
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including campaign materials and pieces published by faculty or program participants, podcasts, videos
- Serve as the main administrator for CRM databases
- Build workflows, manage data
- Craft and send out weekly newsletters and all mass emails
- Build and manage event registrations
- Run regular reports on fundraising and outreach efforts
- Supervise graphic designers and other vendors to ensure all collateral materials are aligned with the brand
- Serve as address and clearinghouse for all media and PR
- Supervise regular updates to the website including digital library management
- Track and monitor and analyze data to inform marketing and development goals
Qualifications and Skills:
- Commitment to the mission, philosophy, and values of Eshel and the ability to articulate the organization’s needs, opportunities, and aspirations with clarity and enthusiasm
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Deep familiarity with the Orthodox Jewish community, the LGBTQ+ community, and their intersection
- Demonstrated ability to create data-driven strategies around the delivery of messaging within a digital market
- Ability to lead or supervise digital communication strategy
- Systems-oriented leader: Analytical, organized, proactive, detail-oriented with a strong ability to prioritize
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker and problem solver who excels in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment
- Sound judgment in maintaining the confidentiality of donor and client information
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills and a savvy understanding of how to carefully craft messages around highly sensitive issues
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ease working with colleagues in multiple geographic locations and using technology to facilitate daily work and collaborative projects.
- Comfortable with the ambiguity that sometimes occurs in a fast-paced organization, and flexible enough to meet changing demands.
- Experience writing and editing marketing materials
- Proficiency in WordPress or similar content management system
- Familiarity with Smart Forms, Callbacks, etc.
- Excellent Excel Skills: VLOOKUPs, MAX(, MIN(, Array formulas, etc.
- Database Setup & Management
- Experience as Admin of Hubspot, and possibly Salesforce, or similar CRM
- Email Marketing, Campaigns, Analytics
- Basic graphic design
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position (35-40 hours per week) with a salary range starting at $65,000 and increasing commensurate with experience. Ideally, the candidate is located near the New York Tri-State area. The best candidate will be comfortable working from home 5 days per week with an expectation to meet in person several times per quarter.
The position will be filled as soon as possible.
Eshel offers Discretionary (“unlimited”) Time Off, most major Jewish Holidays, most national holidays, and early closure on Fridays during parts of the year (for Shabbat).
Subsidized Medical Insurance.
Please send an email with the subject “Director of Marketing and Communications” including resume and cover letter to email@example.com by December 25, 2021.
Eshel’s mission is to create a future for Orthodox lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals, and their families. Through its innovative and culturally sensitive programming, Eshel supports LGBTQ Jews, opening hearts, minds, and doors in traditional Jewish communities.
Eshel Equal Employment Opportunity:
Eshel is dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff. Eshel provides equal opportunity to all people regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations. This policy applies to all employees and candidates for employment.